Today was a busy day!
We got up bright and early to take Phoenix to her first day of school! Her first day ever in a formal school classroom was at the Tannenkirch German public school with a new friend from the Kandern area. She seemed a little nervous at first, but she had a good morning there.
While she was in school, Dale took some beautiful pictures and did some computer work while we were enjoying a “second breakfast” at Sanctuary. We commuted next door to the SIL Germany offices (literally–the back balcony of the SIL offices overlooks the front door of The Sanctuary!) and met a lot of people there. The offices are in converted apartments, so we also got a glimpse of what housing for our family might look like. I can see a 3 bedroom apartment with generously sized bedrooms working for us.
Next, it was time to go meet the bus and find out about Phoenix’s day. We drove to Reidlingen to meet her and hear about her day over lunch at the local Kebap/Gyro shop. After a quick photo lesson with Daddy and a nice walk, we went on a tour of the Black Forest Academy (BFA) and a driving tour of some of the surrounding villages courtesy of a future co-worker. We drove to Holzen, Sitzenkirch, Tannenkirch, Reidlingen,
After a quick rest, we finished our evening with a delightful visit at the home of a couple we were connected with through their son who is attending our home church. They serve through Avant ministries at BFA here in Kandern. We enjoyed their hospitality and are so thankful for their experience and insight!
We walked back to our guest house and looked at the beautiful stars overhead before turning in for the evening.
Prayer needs met today:
- Phoenix had a smooth visit to the school! Thank you for your prayers!
- We have some clarity on direction regarding one possible schooling option.
- We have had a wonderful opportunity to explore Kandern and the surrounding areas
Ongoing prayer needs:
- We continue to have meetings regarding additional various schooling options–pray that God will make it clear to us which paths are best for our family and which are less-than-best
- It seems that each new conversation and each new friend leads us, in turn, to even more people and expands our network. Pray that we will be wise in the ways we use our time to honor these new connections and meet the people we need to meet.